2 tomatoes finely chopped
2 green chillies chopped
4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 cup chopped cauliflower
1 1/2 cup chopped potatoes
1/2 green capsicum chopped
1/2 cup green peas
1 tsp butter
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin coriander powder
1 1/2 tsp pav bhaji masala
Finely chopped cilantro and onions to garnish
1. Mix cauliflower, potatoes, capsicum and green peas together. Add 1 cup what're and cook in microwave until vegetables are completely cooked.
2. In a pan melt butter and add green chillies and tomatoes. Stir and cover. Cook until tomatoes cook complete to a paste.
3. Add chopped garlic, turmeric, red chili powder, cumin coriander powder and pav bhaji masala to the tomato paste. Stir for 1 min.
4. Add cooked vegetables and 1/2 cup warm water and stir. Let simmer for 10 mins. Use a potato masher to mash vegetables to blend well.
5. Garnish with chopped cilantro and onion and serve warm with bread and lime.
Presented by: Smita Borole
Air Date: January 13, 2014