- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 sliced bananas
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Caramel drizzle
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in pan on double boiler.
- Stir in cold milk.
- Cook over boiling water until thick.
- Add a little of thickened mixture to egg yolk then add egg yolk mixture back into double boiler and cook two minutes over hot water.
- Cool and add vanilla or banana extract.
- Slice banana and layer in the bottom on a pre baked pie crust.
- Slice two bananas in small pieces and mix into the cream filling.
- Pour the filling into the crust and top with meringue, whipped topping or fresh whipped cream.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs and drizzle of caramel if desired.
Presented by: Buttermilk Sky Pie