The president of a company that owns a Boone, North Carolina motel is facing felony charges after poisonous gas killed three people in their rooms.

Back in June, an 11-year-old staying in the hotel room died from carbon monoxide poisoning. His mother almost died. In April, the toxic gas also killed an elderly couple.

Investigators found a faulty swimming pool heater at the hotel allowed the gas to seep into a motel room.

A grand jury charged the owner with three counts of involuntary manslaughter and an additional charge for inflicting serious bodily injury.

Read or Share this story: http://on.wbir.com/1eJVR9c