OJ Simpson's sweet tooth and an ill-advised move at a DUI checkpoint make the cut this week:
1. OJ's new crime: cookie theft? OJ Simpson has reportedly managed to get himself in trouble again—from behind bars. After lunch, guards spotted the former football star, in a Nevada jail for armed robbery, concealing objects under his prison outfit. Think snack time.
2. DeLorean thief stymied by Web commenters: Whoever stole a DeLorean in Morgan Hills, California, may have feared police; the thief should have worried about Jalopnik's readers. The car-loving website asked its readers to keep an eye out for the distinctive vehicle. They did that and more.
3. What not to do at a DUI checkpoint: Bark at police dog: Another life lesson from the police blotter: A 26-year-old man who got stopped at a sobriety checkpoint in Pennsylvania thought it would be a good idea to start barking and growling at a police dog named Chaos. Turns out, that was not a good idea.
4. Wife pleads guilty in 'telepathic rape' case: A sad, strange case out of Utah, where a husband and wife have each used a mental illness defense in the shooting of their neighbor. Meloney and Michael Selleneit, both 55, became convinced that the neighbor was raping Meloney "telepathically" and controlling her mind, and police say Meloney convinced her husband to get revenge.
5. Clueless NYC mob attacks Sikh professor: A Columbia University professor was badly beaten on a New York City street Saturday—by a mob that apparently believed he was a Muslim because of his turban. Afterward, he said he would invite his attackers to worship with him, to better understand his religion.