Just before nine p.m. on Friday firefighters arrived at Oak Ridge High School after janitors called about a fire in a chemistry classroom.

According to to a press release, firefighters entered the smoke-filled-room and determined the fire started in a flame-resistant trashcan. They used a dry-chemical fire extinguisher to put out the flames.

Fire Chief Darryl Kerley says it appears to be an accidental fire caused by waste from an chemistry experiment earlier in the day.

There were no injuries and no damage to the school.

Read or Share this story: